Frequently Asked Questions:
- What is Soil Encapsulation?
Originally developed for 24 hour casinos in Las Vegas, soil encapsulation uses eco-friendly polymers to surround and absorb soil particles on contact. This breaks them free from the carpet fibers, crystallizing them as they dry. Once in a crystallized form, they can be easily removed with even ordinary household vacuums.
- How does your process compare to steam cleaning?
For well maintained carpet with low to moderate soil levels, low moisture encapsulation is just as effective and has many benefits:
- Significantly faster dry times. Usually 1 hour or less.
- Quieter, less intrusive equipment. No noisy truck-mounted generators or long hoses.
- Dries soft. Never stiff or crunchy.
- Stays cleaner, for longer. Shampoos and detergents used with steam cleaning can attract soil if not properly rinsed from the carpet. Plus our products feature anti-soiling properties that increase the effectiveness of vacuuming.
- Stains won’t reappear. Oversaturation can darken the carpet, hiding stains until the carpet dries. By using less water, we are able to ensure the stains are completely gone before we leave.
- Improved indoor air quality. Excessive evaporation can lead to damp and musty smelling air.
- Reduces mold and bacterial growth. Damp carpet provides an ideal breeding ground for microorganisms.
- What kind of stains can you remove?
We can remove most natural and organic stains like pop, coffee, urine and grease.
- Can you remove red stains?
Red stains caused by synthetic dyes (like Kool-Aid) require the use of strong chemicals and very high heat to remove. While our Oxygen-Enhanced cleaners are effective on some red stains, we do not guarantee their removal. We believe the safest and most effective way to remove these types of stains is to have the carpet patched.
- Do you move furniture?
We are more than happy to move lightweight furniture, free of charge. We will move items like coffee tables, sofa/couch, and chairs upon request. We do not move heavy items like bookcases, large dining tables, or dressers.
- What forms of payment do you accept?
We accept cash, check and major credit cards. There is a $5 surcharge for credit cards.